Life is too hectic to be thinking about spending hours at the gym or in front of TV sort of following exercise videos. Modern times require us to squeeze every minute out of the productive portion of our day and make the most out of it.
When you are looking to get and stay fit with a busy schedule, you need to choose effective exercises that will get you tired and burn calories fast. These types of exercises are called High Intensity exercises, and are often found within HIIT routines.
Here are ten step-by-step exercises that will make sure you feel satisfied with your workout, and that will guarantee results.
ONE: Horizontal wall climbers
For this exercise, you will need two small towels or old shirts to allow your feet to glide across the floor.
- Place the towels on the floor, about shoulder-length apart
- Place your feet on the towels (one on each towel)
- Put your hands on the floor ahead of your feet so you are in plank position
- Slide one leg up towards your chest as the other stays back.
- Alternate legs.
- For maximum calorie burn, switch legs as fast as you can, while keeping your abs and glutes tight, and you back and shoulders straight.
Burpees are a classic exercise that everyone from basketball all-stars to fitness beginners do at least a dozen times in their training. They give you a full-body workout, really get your heart going, and blast calories. Haven´t done them before?
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-length apart.
- Squat down until your arms and reach the ground in front of you and drop all the way down.
- Jump your feet back at the same time until you reach a plank position.
- Jump and bring your legs back to a squat position.
- Pop straight up into the air with your hands reaching towards the ceiling.
- Repeat as many times as your body can take it.
THREE: Squat Jumps
This exercise will really get your heart pumping and your quads and glutes working.
- Stand up straight with your legs a little wider than shoulder length apart
- Squat down until your knees are at about a 90-degree angle, and bring your elbows in.
- Jump up as high as you can and reach your arms to the sky.
- Come down into squat position and repeat as many times as you can.
FOUR: Jumping Jacks
This sounds like a simple exercise, but it really does give you a full body workout and it burns tons of calories. In order to maximize your jumping jacks:
- Wear wrist and/or ankle weights.
- Focus on tightening your abs to get a good core workout.
- Jump higher and do quicker repetitions to challenge yourself.
FIVE: Knee Highs & Butt Kick
- Find an area where you have enough space to run in place.
- Bring one knee as close to your chest as you can, as fast as you can.
- Before your foot reaches the ground, bring up the other knee to your chest.
- Repeat six times.
- Kick your foot up to your buttocks.
- Exchange legs and repeat six times.
- Do at least 5 full sets of 6 knee highs and 6 butt kicks.
These exercises will get your heart racing and will get you sweating in no time. Use them as a warm up to a full workout, or do them throughout the day to make sure you get your daily calorie-burn in.